Monday 2 March 2015

Beaded Cross Necklace

I've spent this weekend designing and making new items for the I Heart...Collection, but I haven't had time to take any photos yet. Due to some chaotic happenings over the weekend, I'm not sure how regularly I'll be posting this week.
Today's item is a gothic necklace (my favourite theme!) based around a tutorial from Ruby's Beadwork for a beaded cross pendant.

The cross is like a form of tubular pearl netting.  I used jet black fire-polished crystals and silver seed beads.  I have an array of fire-polished crystals in many different colours, so I could make many variations of this pendant.
Using a snap bail, I attached the pendant to the chain I made using black and silver drawbench beads and silver metal beads.
Finally it's brought together with an ornate box clasp that has a jet rhinestone.
I'll make up some more with the variations and then put them on Etsy as soon as I can!

=:x

No comments:

Post a Comment