Monday 16 March 2015

I Heart...Dragons Bracelet

As promised, we start the week with a new addition to the I Heart...Collection.  There seem to be an abundance of necklaces in the collection at the moment and even though that's what I like to create most, I wanted to make another bracelet.  This time I've decided to go with a cuff style.
I love Dragons and I think they are my favourite mythological creature.  Also, my Chinese astrological animal is the dragon, which I share with my Mother.  So I created this bracelet, drawing on inspiration from them.
The idea came when I was playing around with these olive/mauve coloured seed beads, and I realised that in peyote stitch, they reminded me of dragon scales.  Building from that, I created two bracelet-length strips of peyote stitch.  I then proceeded to stitch them together with amethyst cat's eye hearts in opposing directions to symbolise the teeth.
Although I love the effect, I don't use cat's eye very often as the chatoyance makes me feel slightly nauseous when I work with it.
I used a simple lobster clasp in antique bronze for the clasp.  However, I think when I come to sell it, I shall have to remove some of the length as it's slightly too large at the moment.  I would also like to even up my tension on the peyote stitch so the edges will become straighter.

The I Heart...Dragons Bracelet will be available to buy soon!

=:x

No comments:

Post a Comment