Monday 23 March 2015

I Heart...Water Necklace

A new addition to the I Heart...Collection this week. The I Heart...Water Necklace.


I love the water and I'm lucky enough to live right next to a canal, which I can see from my bedroom window.  It's beautiful in summer when the sun hits it or there's a clear night with a full moon and the ripples are reflected on my ceiling.  Being a Pisces I'd like to think I share many qualities with water.  Patient, unbiased and a determination to reach my destination; no matter how long nor the route I have to take.
In my youth I loved swimming.  I had all sorts of certificates and I was the first in my class to get the lifesaving award.  I even had (very brief) dreams of becoming an Olympic swimmer.*
I designed this piece to reflect the beauty that I find in water.  I began looking for inspiration in some old favourites and I came across this design from Paco Rabanne.
I've used this collection for inspiration before when I created the Industrial Steampunk Set.  Anyhow, that was my starting point, the only thing left was to figure out where to fit my components in and how to put my own spin on it.

I started with this blue glass heart which I've had in my collection for a while.  Using the heart as a centre, I attached silver-plated chains to connect the various strands.
The strands feature silver-plated cable chain, capri blue and silver fire-polished crystals, wavy textured metal tubes, glass pearls and Abalone shell connectors that belonged on an old necklace that was donated to me.
The strands and chains are gathered and attached to a silver sparkle glass heart which connects to a length of silver-plated cable chain.
 Finally the necklace is finished with a simple silver-plated barrel clasp.  Below is an additional photo of how the necklace hangs on the bust.
I had to pin it back a little so you could see the whole thing, so it will hang a little lower than this.  It will be available to buy on Etsy soon!

=:x


* My dreams of what I wanted to be when I grew up changed every week. That's the hazard of being a Jack of all Trades and a master of none. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment