Wednesday 11 March 2015

Mistakes & Work in Progress

Hi everyone, I haven't forgotten to upload but recent projects have been kicking my ass!

I'm trying a Cellini spiral for my next addition to the I Heart...Collection, however I wasn't pleased with my first attempt.

I used a random mix of blues and greens, but it doesn't stand out against the silver-lined seeds and the matte crystal ABs are almost entirely hidden.
 My tension is always a little uneven on a new stitch, so I think that has a lot to do with it as well.  Never mind.  I started again, with a new design in mind, an I'm much happier with the results so far...
 This time I decided on a gradient/ombre of teals and turquoise and I've also gone right down to a size 15/0 seed to really emphasize the spiral.
My, mom prefers the first one.  Maybe someday, I'll give it another try, but this is what I'm working on right now.

=:x

No comments:

Post a Comment