Monday 19 January 2015

Recycled Beads Ring

Another tutorial on Ruby's Beadwork caught my eye, and I thought it would be a nice way to use up some of the old beads I have lying around in my recycled bags.  I don't actually have that many beads in there to play around with though, as most of the stuff is earrings and brooches.
I've been trying to find uses for these milky glass beads that I have - which I think were glass pearls whose coating came off.  I've used them before (On A Sunny Day In England, Sweet Tooth Competition Prize and My Beating Heart) and this seemed like the perfect project to use up the rest of them


It's a fairly simple ladder stitched ring and then daisy stitched around the focal beads using metallic purple Delicas, which I think frame them quite nicely.
This was my first go, and I unfortunately made the ring a little too big for myself as I got a little carried away with stitching - hey, it happens!  So naturally my Mom has claimed it for her own! ;)
I made another version for myself out of some acrylic beads I had left over from another project.  A grey splatter bead, two red bicones and some sliver-lined grey seeds.  They are nowhere near as uniform in shape as the Delicas, making mine quite uneven, so I think I'll stick to Delicas or at the very least Japanese seed beads.
I'll make more of these soon, which will be available for you to buy!

=:x

No comments:

Post a Comment