Tuesday 6 January 2015

Grandma's Ring Necklace

Here's my first "make" post of 2015!

This was my first Christmas without my Gran.  Before her dementia got really bad, she gave me her Mother's wedding ring.  She unfortunately lost her own in the care home where she was staying and we've never found it.  This ring is too big for me to wear, and rather than spending unnecessary money getting it refitted, I used my latest love of beadwork to turn it into a necklace.
Using gold coloured seed beads that matched the ring, I used a spiral stitch to make the necklace chain.
 I didn't want use a metal bail, so I made my own by peyote stitching around the ring and the necklace.
This way, I can wear the ring without fear of losing it because it slipped off my finger!

=:x

No comments:

Post a Comment