Thursday 8 January 2015

Mintberry Swirl Necklace

I've really got to think of a better name for this necklace before I sell it!

I've had this pack of lampwork beads that I received in a goody bag (I think!) for while and I haven't really known what I wanted to do with them.  So using my new found beadwork skills, I've transformed it into this beautiful necklace.

I wanted whatever I did to compliment the lampwork bead.  I used a core of copper-lined crystal seeds which matched the ends of the bead.  I dressed it up a bit by adding a Swarovski rondelle and an antique silver bead cap.  I also used a Swarovski bicone and one of the copper-lined seeds to hide the hole at the bottom of the bead.

The lampwork bead featured this interesting swirl pattern on it, so I decided to incorporate it into the spiral stitch I've learnt.  I matched the colours as closely as I could and came across these metallic - or galvanized  seeds by Miyuki in Dark Mint Green and Dark Berry.  By alternating them, I managed to create this cool spiral within a spiral pattern.
This will be available to purchase sometime soon!

=:x

No comments:

Post a Comment