Thursday 15 January 2015

Molten Metal Necklace

Today I'd like to show you a necklace I've been working on for a while.  The Molten Metal Necklace.
I've had this pendant for a while as I could never figure out what I wanted to do with it.  I came across it again a few months back and after I'd been testing out different beading techniques, I knew I wanted to make a spiral rope chain.  However, matching the colours and creating the pattern proved to be a nightmare.  I never thought silver and copper would be so hard to match!
The black beads were easiest, but it was choosing whether have the silver or copper beads as the core or the accent.  I decided upon these copper-lined crystal beads as a core and accented the black seeds with silver.
As a little something extra, I followed a tutorial on Ruby's to make this beautiful toggle clasp (my first!) and then ruined it by taking the photo before I'd tidied up the excess thread.

Oh well, it's still pretty and will be available to buy soon!

=:x

No comments:

Post a Comment