Friday 16 January 2015

Dragon Eye Ring

Rings are my favourite type of jewellery and lately I've got into beaded rings.  They're not as uncomfortable as they look, they're a lot easier to freeform than wire rings, they don't wear or tarnish as easily - depending on what beads you use - and you can make them from any old beads you have lying around - particularly useful when you have old beads that needs using up!
This is the first bezel ring I've made.  I had these really cool glass beads that reminded my of dragon's eyes - my favourite* mythological creatures, keep your damned unicorns!


Taking seed beads in galvanized eggplant and metallic raspberry (who said dragon's have to be green?) and using peyote stitch, I turned the glass bead into a cabochon and stitched around it.

I then peyote stitched a band in the metallic raspberry and stitched it to the bezel slightly diagonal so it sits at an interesting angle on the finger.
 The ring will be available to buy soon!

=:x

*This has nothing to do with the fact that my Chinese astrological symbol is the Dragon! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment