Monday 5 January 2015

New at X99 for 2015

Over the next couple of weeks they'll be a lot of updates to the site.  I've been pretty busy over the holidays making new jewellery and I've also received some good news which will hopefully result in major changes to the way I do things.  I've been looking for a new camera as the one I currently own is quite old, and doesn't take photos the way that I want to.  My studio set up could also do with a bit of updating.  The good news I received means I'll be able to get a better camera than the one I was looking at, which means better photos for the site and for Etsy. 
Also this year, I hope to find someone to handle the business-y side of things like I said I would.  This break has proved that doing so much all by myself was killing my creativity.  I definitely need someone to handle the marketing side of things at the very least, as my brain just seems to switch off.  I don't know whether to put the Etsy shop on hiatus while I work out which direction I would like X99 to continue in.  I have actually started working with the things in my recycled/donated bag, the results of which I shall show you soon.  So expect some changes to the site - I don't think the look will change again, however I am thinking of starting over and using my old jewellery as a kinds of portfolio. 
One last thing I want to introduce this year is donating a portion of all sales to a mental health charity.  If it wasn't for the (seriously underfunded) mental health services in my area, I would have started this hobby, so it would be great to give something back through what they gave me.

Love and well wishes for 2015 - here's hoping it will be a good one!

=:x

No comments:

Post a Comment