Thursday 26 May 2011

Earth Day Set

I made my mom an awesome necklace for her birthday that used her favourite shades of brown and green.  I really liked the concept colours, so I decided to make myself something using those same shades. 

I've been trying to make something out of these topaz/brown beads for a while, as I wasn't that struck on them or the necklace they used to be on.  I'm not sure you can see it on the photos, but they have an AB coating on them, which makes them reflect lots of different colours.  Not bad for some old acrylic beads, eh?

Interesting fact:  Excluding the findings, the Butterfly pendant is the only thing that I bought to make this set.  All the other beads were ones I stripped off old necklaces.

I didn't want big, flashy earrings, with this necklace as I like my jewellery simple.


Materials Used: Silver Greek Metal Butterfly pendant, Acrylic topaz AB faceted drop beads, Acrylic gold round beads, Lime seed beads.


No comments:

Post a Comment