Friday 27 May 2011

Chandelier Earrings

The design of this pair of earring came from a "Create Your Style" tutorial.  But I kind of liked the idea of the metal beads, rather than the Swarovski crystals (=expensive!).

Chandelier earrings

The project was actually a lot more fiddly than I was anticipating, and I have to admit to losing my temper more than once.  I am pleased with the end result, though.

How they look hanging

I used 4mm Silver metal beads and silver-plated findings.  Unlike the tutorial, however, I bent the wires to make it look more like an actual chandelier.  They hang quite lightly despite the metal.

Inside

I only have one pair in stock at the moment, but I will be making more.  I can also use different coloured beads if you prefer.  In the metal beads I have - Near Black, Red Copper, Gold and Antique Bronze.  I could also use seed beads, acrylics or even glass in your choice of colour.
Please note the the earwires are silver plated and are not suitable for those with nickel allergies. (Tip: If you do have a nickel allergy and still want these earrings, try coating the earwires with clear nail varnish. Or if you would prefer the silver nickel free earwires, email me.)

Materials Used: Metal beads, Silver findings.


If you have any inquiries about these earrings, please feel free to contact me at: kymberligee@gmail.com
with "Chandelier Earrings" in the subject line.

No comments:

Post a Comment