Thursday 22 March 2012

Turkish Delight Set


Disclaimer:  No copyright infringement is intended.  These are my own interpretations of various sweets and candy using various beads.  Nothing in the Sweet Tooth collection is edible.  Please try to refrain from eating!

This is a one-of-a-kind set, because I've used a lot of recycled materials and I don't know where I get them again.

Turkish Delight Set
 The pendant on the necklace used to be a clip on earring that was donated to me.

Clip-on earring transformed into Turkish Delight Pendant
  I used glass cubes, coloured sparkling amber - for the chocolate - and transparent yellow - for the lemon Turkish Delight.  On either side of the glass beads are amethyst coloured glass rondelles and copper spacer beads.
Turkish Delight Necklace
The earrings are also no problem.  Please note the the earwires are copper plated and are not suitable for those with nickel allergies. (Tip: If you do have a nickel allergy and still want these earrings, try coating the earwires with clear nail varnish.)
Turkish Delight Earrings

Apart from the clasp, everything on the bracelet is recycled.  The focal is the other clip-on earring and two buttons that I've sewn onto organza ribbons.  I think we can agree that despite it being made from recycled bits and bobs (including the thread I used) it's a stunning bracelet:

Turkish Delight Bracelet
 The ring was a chipped glass stone, which I sanded and polished.  It has an AB (Aurora Borealis) coating, which reflects many different colours when held up to the light.  I think it also might have been a clip-on earring, but I'm not sure.  The ring is adjustable, so should fit most fingers.

Turkish Delight Ring - worn

If you would be interested in this set or would like me to make you something similar, please feel free to contact me at: kymberligee@gmail.com with "Turkish Delight Set" in the subject line.

No comments:

Post a Comment