Thursday 22 March 2012

Peppermint Cream Set

Disclaimer:  No copyright infringement is intended.  These are my own interpretations of various sweets and candy using various beads.  Nothing in the Sweet Tooth collection is edible.  Please try to refrain from eating!

I love peppermint creams!  The ones made by Fry's, York's Peppermint Patties and the bags you can get at the supermarket.  So when I saw these glass pearls, I knew exactly what I was going to do with them:

Peppermint Cream Set
 The necklace features alternating clotted cream and teal coloured glass pearls, which vary in size (obviously you have to have more cream than peppermint!).  The pendant is a beautiful glass bead that I've been meaning to use for a while.  Diamond shaped with green and gold glitter swirled into white.

Pendant
 I knew I couldn't use an ordinary clasp, so I used this Rhodium plated (so it won't tarnish) clasp with a turquoise rhinestone.

Rhodium plated clasp with turquoise rhinestone
 The earrings are pretty simple, but stunning nonetheless.  Same design as the necklace with nickel free earwires.
Peppermint Cream Earrings
The bracelet is the one I'm most proud of.  Its design is a bit different to the necklace, as I added teal green seed beads to imitate the peppermint chips you get in some peppermint creams.

Peppermint Bracelet - laid out
 It has another of the diamond beads as a focal and is multi-stranded to it looks more like a cuff when worn.  This is definitely one of the more elegant sets I have ever created.

Peppermint Bracelet - as worn
If you would be interested in this set or would like me to make you something similar, please feel free to contact me at: kymberligee@gmail.com with "Peppermint Cream Set" in the subject line.

No comments:

Post a Comment