Thursday 4 June 2015

Wrong Side of the Tracks Bracelets

Today I have not one, but two bracelets to share with you.  I'd never used two-hole beads before and I didn't really know what to do with them.  Then I came across this tutorial from Inspirational Beading using Chevron Chain with Tilas.
I'd bought some beautiful marbled rose tilas which I paired with Ceylon Ivory seed beads.  When I showed it to my mom, she told me it looked very bridal style.  I was actually trying to create an antique lace effect, but whatever.
I beaded the toggle clasp and loop, so it's another metal-free bracelet.
I made another, but this time I used all black beads.  Instead of using two size 6/0 beads on the edges, I used 3 size 8/0s.
I also changed from using beading thread to using elastic instead, so this one is clasp-less too.
I had fun(!) trying to figure out how to connect both ends together without leaving a seam, but I finally managed it!  I'm thinking of making another one of these and attaching it to a ring.

=:x

No comments:

Post a Comment