Monday 15 June 2015

Sarah Millsop's Crystal Weave Bracelets

This weekend I've been making these bracelets from Beads Direct's Take A Make Break.
 I pretty much had all the components to make the "Blueberry" version - apart from the catseye, but seeing as working with beads with chatoyance gives me a headache - it worked in my favour.  It took me a while to get the hang of it, but once I did, I kind of got excited about seeing what else I could create.  So I did a "Salsa" and a "Punk Princess" version too.
Which version do you like best?
For the Salsa, I used these multicoloured drawbench beads I bought from one of my trips to Beading Amazing.  Instead of the Chinese crystal rondelles, I used 4mm Chinese crystal bicones instead  - Amethyst with an AB coating.  For the seed bead weave, I used matte rainbow siam Tohos, to match the colours in the drawbench beads.

For the Punk Princess version, I used pink drawbench beads, silver Chinese crystal rondelles and the matte jet Tohos I used for the Blueberry bracelet.  Looking at it now, I think maybe silver would have looked better?
I'll definitely be making more of these, I think I want to make a necklace version next time using gemstones.  So look out for that maybe later in the week!

=:x

If you would like to make these yourself the video can be found here: TAMB - Crystal Weave Bracelet
And you can still get the kits from Beads Direct for £14.99 each.  Choose from the Blueberry Ripple or the Raspberry Ripple.

No comments:

Post a Comment