Wednesday 3 June 2015

Candy Cubes Bracelet

Today's bracelet is one I've been meaning to post for a while, but every time I tried to take a photo the lighting was all messed up.  Anyway, I think I've finally got some that I'm actually happy with = Perfectionist.

The design is based on this tutorial from Ruby's Beadwork.  I used brightly coloured acrylic cubes with an AB coating.  They kind of remind me of the Jap sweets you get in Dolly Mixtures - in fact I think I used them in the Dolly Mixture set. I know, I know...more sweet inspired jewellery - I swear I'm not trying to recreate the Sweet Tooth Collection!
It's a basic Daisy stitch, with seed beads lining the cubes.  The ones I used are a mix I got from Jilly Beads called Sugar Sprinkles.  I didn't really like the gaps left between the cubes.  In Ruby's design, she added beaded loops, however I didn't think this would look right on a bracelet, so I added the slightly bigger version of the Sugar Sprinkles seeds, called Sugared Almonds.  I couldn't make this up if I tried - I swear I don't do it on purpose!
I made a toggle clasp from the seeds, so it's another metal-free bracelet.  However, I'm not sure if the electroplating on the seed beads counts - so it might not be completely metal-free.
=:x

No comments:

Post a Comment