Monday 8 July 2013

Mg (Magnesium) Set - The Metallics Collection (Part II)

The Second set in the Metallics Collection.
I love wire coiling, but this is only my second or third time using it in one of my pieces. I got the design from my favourite jewellery making magazine (Make Jewellery), however I tweaked it a bit more to my liking. I got the inspiration from the magnesium coils we used to burn in school chemistry lessons, where we would often add dyes to make it burn pretty colours. Also from sparklers at Halloween - remember trying to write your name in the air as fast as you could.



More photos on Etsy.
  
The set is just the necklace and the earrings, but together they make real statement. I've used "Vivid Green" and "Dark Purple" in the set pictured, but you can choose which two colours of copper wire you would like.


Colours available...


The necklace is multiple enamel coated copper wire coils (try saying that three times fast!) and faceted glass beads, which catch the light beautifully. They hang from a silver plated cable chain with a silver plated toggle clasp. It measures about 64cm/25.2in, but I can adjust it if you would like it longer or shorter - just let me know.

The earrings are wire coils spiralled around a silver wire coil, with another faceted glass bead at the bottom.
Please let me know whether you would prefer...

Low Nickel Earwires
Nickel Free Earwires
OR
Clip-on

If you are unsure whether you have a nickel allergy, I recommend choosing the Nickel Free, just to be on the safe side. 


Necklace: £70.00
Earrings: £35.00

or buy the set for £88.00!

No comments:

Post a Comment