Saturday 31 October 2015

Pumpkin Mandala Necklace (Halloween)

This is the other version of the Mandala tutorial I made from i-Beads by purplefiona at FionaFiona.  This is the orange and black colourway using my free gift from i-Beads - which were the transparent orange superduos.
 I used those along with some opaque black superduos for contrast as well as the black seed beads.
Instead of using crystal bicones that decorate the outside, this time I used half black, half silver crystal rondelles, which add a little extra sparkle.  I haven't made earrings to go with these.  I may do eventually, I just haven't had time lately.  Side note: I was originally going to call this Orange is the New Black, but I didn't think I'd get away with it!

BTW - I hope you're liking the new setup.  I got my mannequin reupholstered in a lovely aubergine velvet from Corset Laced Mannequins over on Etsy.  It's so much easier to show off my necklaces and see how they hang than the display models I was using.  So if you're looking for a mannequin or you'd like to spruce up one you already have, I highly recommend you check out her shop!
For the close ups I've been using one of our granite placemats.  So if you see any weird reflections, it's just the various posters I have hanging in my room - lol!  I would use a less reflective surface, but I like the effect it gives.  I do try to minimise the reflections on the post edits.

Well, that's the end of my Halloween jewellery.  This weekend I'll be getting the shop ready by photographing, uploading and editing all the jewellery I'll be selling up to Christmas.  I hope you'll stop by, as I'm hoping to donate a portion of my profits to the mental health charity that got me started on this craze in the first place.

Here's wishing you a safe and happy Halloween!
x Kym x
=;x

No comments:

Post a Comment