Monday 9 November 2015

Recycled Rings

As promised, today I'm going to take you through one of my processes.

Recycled Rings are part of a somewhat ongoing collection featuring the things that I come across in my bag of donated jewellery. It's fun project. I take interesting looking buttons or more than likely - clip on earrings from the bag. Then I take it apart until I'm left with just the cabochon. Next it's gently cleaned with bicarb paste and an old toothbrush and then enjoys a bath in my ultrasonic cleaner. Once it's been dried and polished it's either carefully glued onto a ring shank or secured in a seed beaded setting. Once the glue has dried or the thread has been snipped - it's finally ready to be worn as a beautiful ring and sold on Etsy, or snuck by my Mom into her jewellery box. You'd be amazed at how many things disappear in there! ;)
The next time I make one, I'll photograph the process and add them to this post. Meanwhile click "read more" to see some of my finished Recycled Rings...


Don't forget to click the photos to see them bigger.







No comments:

Post a Comment